Max Verstappen wins 2022 Dutch GP
Drama! In a word, that was the 2022 Formula 1 Dutch GP💥
Strategy miscalls, gutsy moves, safety cars, penalties – it had it all! With what looked like a dominant weekend all across, Max Verstappen has now won 10 of the 15 races this season.
– The dutchman was on pole on Saturday, and was on top from the get-go, with him pitting 4 times in total – switching to softs for the last laps. His Red Bull Racing & Red Bull Technology teammate Sergio Perez had a comparatively silent race, finishing P5.
– The surprise of the weekend was hands down the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, with George Russell and Lewis Hamilton ending the race at P2, P4 respectively. What could’ve been a podium for the 7-time champ was cut short due to a wrong tyre call.
– Scuderia Ferrari was a hit and a miss, with Charles Leclerc surprisingly finishing on the podium given their weekend. Carlos Sainz had yet another bout of unluck with pitlane headaches and a time penalty, pulling him down to P8.
– Alpine’s Fernando Alonso had a cracker of a race, clawing his way back from 13th to a strong P6, with his teammate Ocon at P9.
– McLaren Racing and the Aston Martin F1 Team completed the top 10 with their drivers Lando Norris and Lance Stroll closing the day at P7 and P10.
With a huge 109 point lead over Leclerc, it’s safe to say that the championship will go Dutch again this season. But can Ferrari clinch a home win at Monza next week and bring some relief to this campaign?
I guess we’ll have to wait and see! 🙂
Check out our race review Podcast of Dutch GP.