The Singapore GP was the perfect culmination of drama, emotions, heartbreaks, and triumph. We returned to marina bay after a 2 year gap and boy did it deliver with not only an amazing race but a nail-biting qualification session as well.
Perez came out on the top in the intense battle for the lead with Charles hunting him down for a good chunk of the race. While max was stuck at the back of the grid with some mistakes of his own and some of the team.
To keep this podcast independent, we depend on your support, kindly consider donating to keep our lights on at: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/f1fanfiction
Listen in to the Episode at your favorite podcasting platform
2022 Italian GP Episode Summary
- Perez’s wife in shambles
- Max Anger! 😡
- Best Quali of the season?
- Mick’s super-hot lap 🔥
- Russell: “They race me so hard”
- VSC/SC Galore!
- Hamilton complains about tires
- The Singapore GP drinking game 🍸
- Goatifi strikes again! 🐐
- The WDC Train – VET HAM VER
Stats of the Weekend
- Alonso is the only driver to start 350 race starts.
- Only driver to have driven all 13 races at Singapore is Bert Maylander who drives the official Safety Car.
- Ricciardo gained a staggering 11 positions.
- It was Red Bull’s first win in Singapore since Sebastian Vettel in 2013.
- Perez is the first driver to win the street races of Monaco and Singapore in same year since Vettel in 2011.
Looking for more F1 banter while waiting for the next race? Check out our Episode with Craig Scarborough (Host, F1TV TechTalk), who is one of the go-to persons about tech in F1. We had a great chat with him where he enlightens us about the skid block regulation change and answers some questions we collected from the community.
Also check out our TikTok Channel for snippets from the podcast and some other exclusive videos when you don’t have time to listen to the whole thing.
Also check the rest of our back catalogue and please leave a comment below about what your thoughts are about the race!