The 2022 French GP was another great race at the Paul Ricard Circuit. Ferrari handed off the tradition of messing up to their drivers this race and Max is handed yet another victory. Mercedes got the best result so far with a 2-3!
Listen to the full episode to find out what happened to Sergio at VSC restart and why was Max so confident about everyone suffering from front left degradation.
To keep this podcast independent, we depend on your support, kindly consider donating to keep our lights on at: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/f1fanfiction
Listen in to Episode 47 at your favorite podcasting platform
2022 French GP Episode Summary
- Ferrari: Next Year ™️
- Don’t beat a dead horse 😵
- Sainz stuck in a time loop
- Perez caught with his pants down 👖
- Where is the black and white flag for Russell?
- Rainbow themed podium 🏳️🌈
- Ricciardo the fortune teller 🔮
- Alonso’s 4d Chess ♟️
0 – Poor
5 – Average
10 – Outstanding
Stats of the Weekend
- 300th GP for Lewis Hamilton. 100% Podium rate when Hamilton hones a LGBTQ+ themed helmet
- No driver has won a race after completing 300 GPs
- Alonso beats Kimi Raikkonen’s record of most number of laps ever.
- Ferrari has lost 75 points from a winning position so far this season.
- The Pit lane was extended by 90m (~300ft) which basically increased the average pit stop time required.
Looking for more F1 banter while waiting for the next race? Check out our Fireside Chat Episode with Mark Sutton, who is one of the most prolific photographers in F1. We had a great chat with him where he shares his experiences from his illustrious career.
Also check out our TikTok Channel for snippets from the podcast and some other exclusive videos when you don’t have time to listen to the whole thing.
Also check the rest of our back catalogue and please leave a comment below about what your thoughts are about the race!